Managing Director of USD 60 Million export KLA Group company. Has been instrumental in taking business to Africa and extended Farming Project in ( Mozambique) Africa.
Has been exporting rice to South Africa, West Africa, East Africa and North Africa for last 40 years and travelled to many countries in Africa.
He is a Qualified Engineer from ISM-IIT, Dhanbad.
Has been Chairman Kumaon Region, CII ( Uttarakhand), Member Governing Body of AIREA ( All India Rice Exporters Association).
KLA Group company is engaged in the business of rice exports to South Africa for the last 20 years. Now the company has started its own operations in South Africa to cater to buyers in South Africa, Mozambique, Botswana, Namibia, Swaziland and other neighbouring countries which include buyers with turnover up to 44 billion. From South Africa, company has started moving northward to strengthen its operations in Africa.
KLA has leased 10000 hectares of land for farming in Tete Province in Mozambique at the banks of perennial river Zambezi. Mozambique has got suitable land for farming of various crops like rice (paddy), beans, legumes and other vegetables. Even it is importing rice which is draining its FOREX while it has the potential to become net exporter of rice.
• Farming and Food Processing is the industry of 21st Century. It is the best way to alleviate poverty and create jobs.
• Mozambique has got the suitable land for farming of various crops like rice ( paddy), beans and legumes and other vegetables. Even then it is importing rice which is draining its FOREX while it has the potential to become net exporter of rice.
• It has the semi-trained manpower, electricity and supportive administration.
• All resources have to be put into place and it could be a model for best farming.
• KLA has got the right team and Mozambique has got the right resources.
• KLA will bring the knowledge of farming of rice (paddy).
• KLA can train the local manpower to produce the rice.
• In the next phase when sufficient produce is available, we can go for setting up the rice processing unit which will move the manpower to next level of expertize.
• Open base for other ancillary food-processing industry like Rice Bran Solvent Extraction plant, this will be raw-material for dairy industry, power generation from rice husk and other agro-industries like frozen vegetables.
Mozambique produces about 100000 MT of pigeon peas. While India imports about 7 Million MT total pulses. Thus on one hand it will give a ready market for exports to Mozambique, India will get an assured supply base for pulses.