Arvind has joined Afcons Infrastructure Limited in their leadership team, with responsibility of cross-vertical business development, in India and overseas. AFCONS is the flagship infrastructure construction company of the Shapoorji Pallonji Group, with footprint across 22 countries.
Arvind has also taken an active role in cross-marketing and collaboration initiatives among the 16 companies of SP Group.
Arvind is a Transportation & PPP Specialist, with multi-domain experience of over 33 years in development of Ports, Urban, Industrial & Social Infrastructure, coupled with an early career in Shipping & Logistics.
During last 2 decades he has worked with India’s leading infrastructure developers viz. Adani Group (Mundra Port, Mundra SEZ), Shell (Hazira Port) and with MARG (Karaikal Port, Swarnabhoomi SEZ).
He began his professional career in 1985 with Shipping Corporation of India and later had a long & fruitful stint in Thailand with Precious Shipping Public Co. Ltd. (prior to an entrepreneurial IT City project in Hyderabad.. whose time came a decade later).
He has done his B. Tech (Electrical Engineering) from IIT Delhi in 1983 and MBA from IIM Ahmedabad in 1985.
Arvind is a co-founder of Vigyan Vijay Foundation (a NGO based at New Delhi) and ex-fellow of Chartered Institute of Shipbrokers London.
He is a golf enthusiast, and is passionate about music, classic movies & aquarium.
Arvind reports to Managing Director, with cross-collaboration across SP Group through the Group Centre.
Afcons Infrastructure Limited (Afcons) is a part of the Shapoorji Pallonji Group, which is India’s leading engineering and construction conglomerate. With a turnover of $6bn, the Group has the experience of doing business in over 60 countries. Afcons, with a turnover of $1bn, has a diverse experience of on-time execution of over 350 infrastructure projects across 22 countries.
The company has successfully executed landmark infrastructure projects in areas of Rail, Metro, Highways, Bridges, Tunnels, Ports, Industrial projects, LNG, Hydropower & Water works, and Oil & Gas.
Overseas, Afcons has delivered over 50 infrastructure projects across Africa, Asia, and, the Middle East. In Africa alone, Afcons has a strong footprint in Gabon, Ghana, Guinea, Liberia, Madagascar, Mauritius, Mauritania, Mozambique, Tanzania and Zambia.
In all its projects, Afcons works closely with local communities through engagement and development of local skills, and, supporting them with specific needs, such as enhancing access to drinking water, healthcare, education, construction support etc.
Afcons is ranked 10th globally in Marine and Port Facilities. It is also ranked 22nd globally in the Bridges sector as per latest Engineering News Record (ENR), USA, survey.
In India, Afcons has created leadership positions in following segments:
• Leader in Marine: 180+ Marine works.
• Leader in LNG: 6 LNG tanks in India.
• Leader in Metro rail: 100+ km elevated & underground Metro works.
• Afcons enjoys top credit rating of AA by ICRA (an arm of Moody’s).
Some recent achievements for our esteemed clients:
• Created record for fastest completion of multi-facility port in West Africa (Gabon)
• Completed multiple port and mine-head infrastructure works, for iron ore mines in Liberia
• Delivered India’s longest berth (1000m) and largest container terminal in a record time of 2 years
• Fourteen months ahead of schedule (substantial completion) of 6-lane 126-km greenfield access-controlled expressway, in UP India
• For Chennai Metro, Afcons became the first infrastructure company to achieve platinum rating by the Indian Green Building Council (IGBC) for 4 underground Metro stations
• Achieved day-light for world’s longest road tunnel 3000m above sea level, Rohtang Pass in Manali, India
• Built India’s first underwater Metro tunnels, by successfully boring under river Hooghly, in just 67 days, for East West Metro, Kolkata
• Six months ahead of schedule completion of 4-lane 64-km highway in hilly terrain of J&K, India
• Achieved fastest completion of a greenfield 8-lane, 750-m long, 30-span major bridge over river Ganges in less than 18 months, a record in South Asia
• Constructed Mina Salman Interchange, for decongestion of vital road corridor between Bahrain & Saudi Arabia
• Built one of the world’s deepest ports in Oman, for iron ore handling
• India’s first EPC contractor to install an offshore process platform using floatover technology on time for ONGC