Balbir Kumar Arora is General Manager, Business Development of Afcons Infrastructure Ltd. He has extensively worked in the infrastructure related Projects including execution of Projects related to Marine and Ports, Roads, Bridges, Heavy foundation and Metro Construction.
During this period executed projects as Project Manager including the Projects funded by ADB and World Bank.
FIDIC and Contract based on the same is his area of keen interest. He has keenly participated in the formation of Joint venture to take advantage of Partners strength in bidding and execution of Projects
He has presented paper on innovative Construction Technology in IRF Seminar 2017 and participated in various discussions on Construction related subjects including at World Bank, Ministry of Road and Transport, ( MoRTH) Govt. Of India, EIL, DMRC, NCRTC etc
He has also worked in the field of business development for over 15 years which included sourcing Projects in India, Middle East and Africa. During this period,he has established Company’s Middle East Branch and was also was partner and General Manager of the JV formed with local entity..
He has extensively travelled to various African and Middle East countries as part of business development exercise and participated in various discussions on Construction related fields, including Construction, Contracts, Funding and Safety
Mr. B K Arora is holding degree of Master of Technology and stationed at New Delhi and is routinely representing Afcons Infrastructure as company representative in CII, FICCI, PHD etc.forums
He is conversant with Govt of India’s policies on Line of Credit and Buyer’s Credit means of funding projects to the countries in Africa
Afcons Infrastructure Limited (Afcons) is a part of the Shapoorji Pallonji Group, which is India’s leading engineering and construction conglomerate. With a turnover of $6bn, the Group has the experience of doing business in over 60 countries. Afcons, with a turnover of $1bn, has a diverse experience of on-time execution of over 350 infrastructure projects across 22 countries.
The company has successfully executed landmark infrastructure projects in areas of Rail, Metro, Highways, Bridges, Tunnels, Ports, Industrial projects, LNG, Hydropower & Water works, and Oil & Gas.
Overseas, Afcons has delivered over 50 infrastructure projects across Africa, Asia, and, the Middle East. In Africa alone, Afcons has a strong footprint in Gabon, Ghana, Guinea, Liberia, Madagascar, Mauritius, Mauritania, Mozambique, Tanzania and Zambia.
In all its projects, Afcons works closely with local communities through engagement and development of local skills, and, supporting them with specific needs, such as enhancing access to drinking water, healthcare, education, construction support etc.
Afcons is ranked 10th globally in Marine and Port Facilities. It is also ranked 22nd globally in the Bridges sector as per latest Engineering News Record (ENR), USA, survey.
In India, Afcons has created leadership positions in following segments:
• Leader in Marine: 180+ Marine works.
• Leader in LNG: 6 LNG tanks in India.
• Leader in Metro rail: 100+ km elevated & underground Metro works.
• Afcons enjoys top credit rating of AA by ICRA (an arm of Moody’s).
Some recent achievements for our esteemed clients:
• Created record for fastest completion of multi-facility port in West Africa (Gabon)
• Completed multiple port and mine-head infrastructure works, for iron ore mines in Liberia
• Delivered India’s longest berth (1000m) and largest container terminal in a record time of 2 years
• Fourteen months ahead of schedule (substantial completion) of 6-lane 126-km greenfield access-controlled expressway, in UP India
• For Chennai Metro, Afcons became the first infrastructure company to achieve platinum rating by the Indian Green Building Council (IGBC) for 4 underground Metro stations
• Achieved day-light for world’s longest road tunnel 3000m above sea level, Rohtang Pass in Manali, India
• Built India’s first underwater Metro tunnels, by successfully boring under river Hooghly, in just 67 days, for East West Metro, Kolkata
• Six months ahead of schedule completion of 4-lane 64-km highway in hilly terrain of J&K, India
• Achieved fastest completion of a greenfield 8-lane, 750-m long, 30-span major bridge over river Ganges in less than 18 months, a record in South Asia
• Constructed Mina Salman Interchange, for decongestion of vital road corridor between Bahrain & Saudi Arabia
• Built one of the world’s deepest ports in Oman, for iron ore handling
• India’s first EPC contractor to install an offshore process platform using floatover technology on time for ONGC