Graduate in Civil Engineering from Anna University, Chennai. Having 30 plus years of rich experience in construction industry. Served 18 years for RITES Ltd. a Public-Sector Government of India Undertaking, Gurgaon, India and 10 plus years in the Private Sector, viz, Larsen & Toubro, Adani Port and Gopalpur Ports Ltd. Presently, heading Business Development of Marine Business Unit of AFCONS in domestic and overseas mainly Africa continent.
Associated in major green field Port Projects viz, Ennore (Chennai), Gangavara (Andhra Pradesh and Dighi in Raigarh, Maharashtra from concept to completion.
Core Competence in marine construction of Jetties/Wharfs, Breakwaters and dredging operations and holding key positions in project management services funded by World Bank and Asian Development Bank projects.
Headed many feasibility and detailed project studies for major green field port projects and Inland water transport projects in Indian river system.
Afcons Infrastructure Limited (Afcons) is a part of the Shapoorji Pallonji Group, which is India’s leading engineering and construction conglomerate. With a turnover of $6bn, the Group has the experience of doing business in over 60 countries. Afcons, with a turnover of $1bn, has a diverse experience of on-time execution of over 350 infrastructure projects across 22 countries.
The company has successfully executed landmark infrastructure projects in areas of Rail, Metro, Highways, Bridges, Tunnels, Ports, Industrial projects, LNG, Hydropower & Water works, and Oil & Gas.
Overseas, Afcons has delivered over 50 infrastructure projects across Africa, Asia, and, the Middle East. In Africa alone, Afcons has a strong footprint in Gabon, Ghana, Guinea, Liberia, Madagascar, Mauritius, Mauritania, Mozambique, Tanzania and Zambia.
In all its projects, Afcons works closely with local communities through engagement and development of local skills, and, supporting them with specific needs, such as enhancing access to drinking water, healthcare, education, construction support etc.
Afcons is ranked 10th globally in Marine and Port Facilities. It is also ranked 22nd globally in the Bridges sector as per latest Engineering News Record (ENR), USA, survey.
In India, Afcons has created leadership positions in following segments:
• Leader in Marine: 180+ Marine works.
• Leader in LNG: 6 LNG tanks in India.
• Leader in Metro rail: 100+ km elevated & underground Metro works.
• Afcons enjoys top credit rating of AA by ICRA (an arm of Moody’s).
Some recent achievements for our esteemed clients:
• Created record for fastest completion of multi-facility port in West Africa (Gabon)
• Completed multiple port and mine-head infrastructure works, for iron ore mines in Liberia
• Delivered India’s longest berth (1000m) and largest container terminal in a record time of 2 years
• Fourteen months ahead of schedule (substantial completion) of 6-lane 126-km greenfield access-controlled expressway, in UP India
• For Chennai Metro, Afcons became the first infrastructure company to achieve platinum rating by the Indian Green Building Council (IGBC) for 4 underground Metro stations
• Achieved day-light for world’s longest road tunnel 3000m above sea level, Rohtang Pass in Manali, India
• Built India’s first underwater Metro tunnels, by successfully boring under river Hooghly, in just 67 days, for East West Metro, Kolkata
• Six months ahead of schedule completion of 4-lane 64-km highway in hilly terrain of J&K, India
• Achieved fastest completion of a greenfield 8-lane, 750-m long, 30-span major bridge over river Ganges in less than 18 months, a record in South Asia
• Constructed Mina Salman Interchange, for decongestion of vital road corridor between Bahrain & Saudi Arabia
• Built one of the world’s deepest ports in Oman, for iron ore handling
• India’s first EPC contractor to install an offshore process platform using floatover technology on time for ONGC